Whale Watching Tours Cairns 2019 commences 13th July!
Book now, limited seats and season!
Check-in is 30 minutes prior to departure at the Fitzroy Island Adventures counter inside the Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Cairns. Coach transfers are available at additional cost from Cairns City or Northern Beaches accommodation.
There are few more engaging experiences in nature than witnessing the spectacular surface behaviours of majestic Humpback Whales.
Activity in Cairns peaks between mid July and the end of August. This forms part of an annual 10,000km migration from the freezing, food-rich waters of Antarctica to the warm conditions of the Great Barrier Reef to mate, give birth and care for their young.
Lead by our qualified Marine Biologist, this informative full or half day tour provides captivating insights into whale anatomy, communication, diet, migratory patterns and population status.
Reef Magic Cruises pioneered dedicated Humpback Whale Watching Tours in the Cairns region, commencing operation in July 2009 and maintains a greater than 90% sightings record.
What to bring: hat, towel, sunscreen, sunglasses (polarized lens is best), camera, cash or card for onboard, island or activity purchases.
- Morning Tea/Coffee and biscuits are included on the vessel
- A range of drinks, snacks and sandwiches are also available for purchase onboard with additional options also available at Foxy’s Bar on Fitzroy Island.
- A poncho or spray jacket is a good idea. A dry change of clothes and a warm jumper/jacket recommended for after Whale Watching or in-water activities at Fitzroy Island.
- Fitzroy Island has coral beaches, shoes or flip-flops are a good idea.
- Hire equipment on Fitzroy Island is subject to availability and payable direct to beach hire on the day of travel
Download your whale watching tours brochure: Click Here
Fitzroy Island is an idyllic island paradise covered in tropical rainforest and surrounded by fringing coral reefs. Hire snorkelling gear, a stand up paddle board or paddle ski, join a glass bottom boat tour, take a rainforest walk to world famous Nudey Beach or test your fitness with a hike on the summit or lighthouse trails. Relaxing more your style? Grab a drink and bite to eat at Foxy’s Bar while enjoying stunning views across Welcome Bay.
Exclusive charters are also available to Fitzroy Island, for further details, click here