|Reef Magic Cruises operate day trips direct from Cairns to the Marine World activity platform located on the outer Great Barrier Reef. Join us for the day and Experience The Magic for yourself.
||Check-in inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street
||Depart Marlin Jetty Cairns
|Travel time is only 90 minutes direct from Cairns on a fast stable motor catamaran
||Arrive at Marine World on the Outer Reef
|Reef duration: 5 hours
||Depart Marine World
||Arrive back in Cairns
Please note: all timings are approximate and can vary due to weather conditions and other factors out of our control.
Available from all Cairns City & Northern Beaches accommodation for just $16pp return.
Pick-up time will be notified at time of booking.
Sole use charter coaches are a cost effective alternative for groups of 20 or more passengers. Price on application.
Included in your day:
- All snorkelling equipment including personal flotation devices in adult/child sizes
- On board Marine Biology presentation/talk en-route to the reef
- Semi-Submersible tours with interactive commentary
- Glass Bottom Boat tours with interactive commentary
- Fish feeding and identification session with our Marine Biologist
- Underwater Observatory
- Use of Sundeck, Fresh Water Showers and Changing Rooms
- Morning/Afternoon Tea plus a full hot/cold buffet lunch with vegetarian options
- Tea/Coffee and drinking water is available free of charge throughout the day
- Access to reference materials on the reef
- German & French speaking crew are available to assist international visitors
Optional activities & services:
Available at additional cost, optional activities may be pre-booked or you may prefer to wait until the day and speak with our crew who can suggest the best activites to suit your swimming ability.
- Introductory Scuba Diving – no experience necessary. Small group, max 4 students per instructor. Minimum age is 12 years with parental consent required for those under 18 years. Opportunity for up to 3 dives in a day.
- Certified Scuba Diving – all dives fully guided at no extra charge, include use of dedicated dive tender to access pristine and varied dive locations. Up to 3 dives in a day.
- Helmet Diving. A scuba-style experience without even getting your head wet!
- Marine Biologist Guided Snorkel Tours (beginner and advanced level)
- Reef-Scenic Helicopter flights 5, 10 & 30 minutes scenic flights from Marine World or fly/cruise, cruise/fly and fly/fly options to/from Cairns.
- Relax on the sundeck and enjoy the regions only reef-based massage therapist! (bookings recommended)
- Wet suit and lycra suit hire: $6 each. Wet suits are 5mm with short arms/legs & are included for all divers. Lycra suits provide fantastic sun protection and in season are useful in reducing the risk of jelly fish stings.
- Lockers are available on board Reef Magic II for just $1 per use & are suitable for small personal items such as phones, jewellery or wallets. While theft is very rare on board we suggest valuables are better off left in your hotel room or with the concierge rather than brought to the reef.
What to bring:
- Extra cash or a credit card (Visa, MasterCard) for any onboard purchases including optional activities, souvenirs, professional onboard photos and bar items.
- Swimmers, towel, hat, sunglasses, sun screen, dry change of clothes for the trip home.
- The Reef Magic catamarans are very stable and transfer times to the reef quick however if you are prone to motion sickness it is recommended to take preventative measures around 30 minutes prior to the boat departing. Natural Ginger tablets and medicated Travel-Calm are available on board.